Add a database to your Laravel 5.4 installation in Laragon using HeidiSQL and the command line. Check out http://www.skillpathway.com for further tips and …
Add a database to your Laravel 5.4 installation in Laragon using HeidiSQL and the command line.
Check out www.skillpat.. for further tips and tricks on becoming a better web developer.
Setting up a database is crucial for writing database-driven applications in Laravel. Laragon makes this really easy for you by automatically setting up a MariaDB (Fork of MySQL) instance when you start your server.
I show you how to hook all of this into your Laravel installation, step-by-step, with no detail missed. This ensures your process will be smooth, easy, quick and efficient and get you up and running as soon as possible.
I also included a bonus segment on getting user authentication and registration section working with a fresh Laravel install. It is an incredibly useful feature of the Laravel framework and it only takes one minute to set up once you are connected to your database!
In this video, you will learn:
– How to use HeidiSQL to connect to your database
– How to add new databases to Laragon
– How to configure Laravel to use the Laragon database
– How to navigate to Laravel in the Laragon command line
– How to migrate user tables into your database
– How to set up authentication